Welcome to our website !

Jaipur Mera Shehar

Re-imagining Jaipur

A mother is her child's first love..

By 13:49


A simple thought can bring about a big change.
Meet Gurpreet Kaur and her daughter Ayana who believe that their passion is what will get them going..




Belong to a small town in UP , Moved around India for my own education and with great ambition completed my MBA to join a MNC where I worked for 7 long years and would have been still there if the issues in education hadn't touched me deeply. It all started after I started to look for schools for my daughter and didn't want her to be in a factory kind of school. I believe education is much more than literacy but each school i went to showed me only a list of topics in form of syllabus that child would know by the end of it. Almost at the same time during my landmark education advance course i came across a lady whose son was going to a Waldorf school and that was it. That was the first time i heard of Waldorf. I explored it through visiting various Waldorf schools and going for residential training and thereafter opened the school in Jaipur along with the mentor from a Waldorf School and now I m working for it on my own. Its being a tough journey but  i am sure that passion for it would get me going.

The school is based in civil lines, Jaipur and there are 4 children in the school including my own daughter.

What I want to talk about:---

How Waldorf Instills a lifelong love for learning in children?

Waldorf, though 100 years old time tested pedagogy, still is very new to India and hardly anyone knew of it in Jaipur. I would want to cover a brief introduction of Waldorf schooling system for kindergarten and how its so appropriate, especially for times today. 

                                 

You Might Also Like

0 comments